Prepping Your Hide for Shipping
Please use the following guidelines when preparing to ship your hide for Tanning.
- All fat and flesh must be removed, or additional charges may apply.
- Ears must be turned, lips and nostrils split and fleshed, or there may be additional charges.
- Salt hide thoroughly utilizing a fine grade salt.
- Drain hide, shake off excess salt, resalt, let hide dry but not stiff.
- Fold hides hair side in and tuck in ears, nose, and other loose ends before they are too stiff to prevent cracking and breaking when dry.
- Make sure hides are free of burrs, blood, etc.
- Do not send wet or frozen hides unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Please enclose an itemized list contents in the box.
c/o Jeff Maier
16611 Roosevelt Hwy
Kendall, New York 14476